Monday, March 2, 2015

March came blasting in!

It seemed like a whirlwind snowstorm brought March in! Have you seen my Electric Cobra Yoga Facebook dealio?
Click this:



It is time now for Kapha season which begins around March and continues until around June. We also know how much we all just want winter to get it over with already and bring on spring! 

I lurched around today as though watching a drone of myself carry out tasks, feeling heavy, as though my actions were working against me. When I noticed annoyance creeping up in the parking lot at the bank I gave a meagre smile out, wishing I hadn't left the house. Now that I am aware of my self care, through my yoga practice, I am inspired to find ways to cope with balancing these days of low, sluggish energy. Calling the government squashed my intentions today. My solution was a 2 slice dose of Donair pizza, big bottle of Canada Dry and two naps. My old habit of self medicating won out over any healthful solution in the moment. Going with the flow didn't really hurt that much.

After my second nap I started looking for a few yoga poses to help out my weird, sluggish body feeling. Sun Salutations are a great way to get moving! I like to promise myself to start with 3 on each side. After 3, sometimes I am ready to add in a couple more. I like to do the movements to my breath. 

Adding poses like Matsyasana Fish pose, Ustrasana Camel pose and Paripurna Navasana Boat pose  
Camel pose

to my practice today will help me release all that "i'm so sick of winter" stagnant energy from my body. You can click these links to help you get a feel for these rejuvenating poses. 
Fish pose

I started Electric Cobra Yoga so that I could help people find themselves in a yoga practice specific to their needs. And starting with some of my own needs helps me be a good listener to help teach my clients. I'm offering a Beginner Special of 3 one hour sessions to help people who believe they can't do yoga. Come on a yoga journey with me!
Boat pose

No comments: